Friday 26 October 2012

Choccywoccydoodah




When I lived in Brighton 6 years ago, I loved to pass by the window of Choccywoccydoodah to see their wonderful bespoke chocolate cakes so I was happy when they opened a shop off Carnaby Street last year. To be honest, I've never tried their chocolate but I love the cafe on the second floor, which has a quirky feel to it. 

Last Saturday me and my friend went there for a break from shopping. The menu offered a good variety of teas, milkshakes and cakes. We went for peppermint tea for me, milkshake for my friend and the 3 layered cake to share.

 There's nothing extraordinary about my tea but my friend said her milkshake is nice. Sitting opposite the tempting cake display, we were waiting impatiently for our cake. As the cafe got busy, we had to wait for a while. But it was worth it. We were given a huge slice of cake which was served with ice cream, chocolate and berry sauce. Although I have sweet tooth, but we couldn't finish the cake. 

The cake is nice but I think people come here for the pleasant atmosphere, the quirky decor and the lovely people working there. The red wall makes it feel cosy, perfect for a haven from cold weather and get a window seat which looks down the busy Carnaby street for people watching. Even the toilets are very cute with quirky decor. Unlike the uniform politeness of waiters in other cafes, the guy who served us was trying to crack jokes and make the next table laugh so hard as he admitted: 'You can tell I'm not from London, I'm too friendly'. 

When we asked for the bill, our receipt came in a plate with black and white chocolate buttons, a nice touch. Now I wish they give these buttons instead of mints in restaurants :D. Choccywoccydoodah made my Saturday afternoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment